Updated Cancellation / Reschedule Policy
You will be sent a reminder email 3 days before your appointment with instructions if you need to reschedule.
You will also be sent a reminder SMS 2 days before your appointment also with instructions.
Please take advantage of these options in the event your schedule has changed to avoid cancellation fees.
- To reschedule without assistance more than 48 hours in advance, use the link in your booking or reminder email sent 3 days before your appointment.
- Any alterations with less than 48 hours notice, use SMS-ONLY line via booking system 0429 553 670.
How To Avoid Fees
Choose any of the below options to be mindful of boundaries:
- Under 48 hours incurs cancellation fee as it is difficult to fill appointments that close (e.g. illness, car accident, sick child still payable). If you let us know it is $50. If you pay promptly and rebook within 8 days it is $45. Bank details are in your reminder email sent 3 days before your appointment.
- Under 48 hours notice and you don’t let us know it is $80. If you pay promptly and rebook within 8 days it is $70.
- If someone takes your appointment in the 48 hour period, there is no fee and any fee paid will be applied as credit to your account.
Pain Relief Lady has in consultation with her clients switched the business name back to The Source of Wellness.
The Source of Wellness began in the year 2000 and was a large centre of many practitioners. After downsizing the business name was changed to Pain Relief Lady to reflect the owner’s focus on relieving pain caused by both mental and physical health issues.
In 2023, after more than a few people commented on the name, and in consultation with her clients it was voted that the business name revert back to The Source of Wellness. And so it was done. We hope you respond to the full circle as just a part of being in business for more than 23 years and counting!
Women’s Wellbeing Circle Empathic People monthly meetup runs February to November. Once a month on a Monday from 6.30pm to 8pm.
All of us need help to feel good in life. By coming along to Women’s Wellbeing Circle you will have top-shelf access to content, professional guidance, and support about how to have more ‘wins’ in life and reset your focus to self-nurture, rinse and repeat.
To find out more, see our Women’s Wellbeing Circle page
For IN CLINIC appointments: If you feel unwell with suspected Covid-19 please do a RAT (Rapid Antigen Test). If it is negative, please attend your appointment and wear a mask. Jaw Unwinding can still be done with your face mask on. Though where applicable we recommend switching your appointment type to ONLINE. Message us to send you a Telehealth link.
Please note: Cancellations due to illness of self or others in your care under 48 hours notice incur a fee, as it is difficult to fill times vacated at short notice and we would like to stay in the business of helping you and others.
The Source of Wellness follows strict health and hygiene practices for our, your and others’ wellbeing:
- Standard: If you feel slightly unwell you can always switch to an Online Telehealth Consult appointment.
- Standard: If you have a negative RAT you may keep your appointment, and wear a mask for In Clinic appointments.
- Standard: If you have a cold you may still attend your appointment but please wear a mask. Or switch to a Telehealth Online Consult
- Standard: If you suffer annual hayfever, please attend your appointment
- Standard: Linen is fresh each client and boil washed in 95 degree water, or you are welcome to bring your own linen
See you soon!
The Source of Wellness
Stay in Touch
A Gift Voucher can be purchased by phone, email, or SMS using your debit or credit card number, expiry, and CCV numbers on the back.
A digital voucher is emailed to you to send to your recipient. (Please note: if it comes directly from The Source of Wellness, your recipient may think it’s spam and delete it.)
Vouchers are for a dollar value and you can specify a consult type, but your recipient is given free choice up to the value of the voucher.
Voucher value will be input to our system and can be used in one consult or spread over several if the recipient also has a health fund rebate they can use.
The Source of Wellness
CODE OF ETHICS
At The Source of Wellness we believe health of the human mind and body should not be considered in terms of ownership by any field of medicine or healthcare. We believe all health professions are complementary to each other and should be engaged by people who need these services.
By abiding by this code, The Source of Wellness aims to enjoy their role as trusted healthcare therapists and practitioners. Our aim is to be respected while alive and remembered with affection thereafter. The Source of Wellness will always act to preserve the evidence-based protocols of its services. May we long experience the joy of helping those who seek our assistance. And may our clients long enjoy wellness and relief from all manner of pain by engaging with our services.
This Code, prepared and supported by The Source of Wellness, states the principles that form the fundamental basis of the roles and responsibilities of our therapists and practitioners. These principles, based on moral obligations and virtues, are established to guide us as health professionals.
Respect for Client-Practitioner Relationship
As Health Professionals, we respect the covenantal relationship between client and practitioner. Considering our professional health relationship as a covenant, means we accept moral obligations in response to the gift of trust received from you as our clients. In return for this gift, we promise to help you achieve optimum benefit from treatment to the best of our ability, to be committed to your welfare, and to maintain your trust.
Client’s Best Interests and Health Are Key
As a Health Professional, we promote the good of every client in a caring, compassionate, and confidential manner. We place concern for your wellbeing at the centre of our professional practice. In doing so, we consider needs stated by you as well as those defined by health science.
Client Participation In Your Treatment Plan
As Healthcare Practitioners, we respect your right for self-determination. We promote individual self-worth by encouraging you to actively participate in decisions about your health. We communicate with clients in terms that are understandable. In all cases, as Health Professionals we respect personal and cultural differences among clients and between us.
Open, Honest, Non-Discriminatory Practice
As Healthcare Practitioners, we act with honesty and integrity in our professional relationship with you. We have a duty to tell the truth and to act with conviction of conscience. We guard against discriminatory practices, behaviour or work conditions that impair professional judgment, and actions that compromise dedication to the best interests of our clients. We respect your privacy, with communications held in confidence unless information is required in a medical emergency, as stipulated by law, or with your consent.
Ongoing Professional Education
We maintain professional competence and take our duty to maintain our clinical knowledge and abilities very seriously. Our aim is to stay current with the best in treatment techniques, aids, and technologies as they become available and as health information advances.
Respect For Other Health Professionals
As Health Professionals we acknowledge and respect the values and abilities of colleagues and other health professionals. When appropriate, we consult other health professionals or make appropriate referrals. We acknowledge that other health professionals may differ in the beliefs and values they apply to the care of our clients.
Practitioner Obligations To Community
As Healthcare Practitioners we serve individual, community, and societal needs. Our primary obligation as Healthcare Professionals are to our individual clients. However, our professional obligations may at times extend beyond you as the individual to the community and society. In these situations, We recognise the responsibilities that accompany these obligations and act accordingly.
Fair and Equitable Distribution of Knowledge
As Healthcare Practitioners we seek justice in the distribution of health resources especially ‘knowledge to promote self-empowerment’ for our clients.
Who we are
The Source of Wellness is a clinic providing Counselling and Natural Pain Management in Perth, Australia. Services are provided in-clinic and via video call or other technology.
Health data and why collect it
The Source of Wellness and its representatives abide by privacy requirements contained in the Australian Federal Privacy Act 1988 and the Western Australia Health Services Act 2016 in relation to the information you provide to us.
Your contact and health information, collected as part of treatment (via forms, discussions in consult, phone, SMS, or email) must be:
- Relevant to the purpose for which it was collected
- Collected directly from you, or received from a third party with your consent, such as a referral from your GP, podiatrist, physiotherapist et cetera. In the case of a person who is physically or legally (e.g. person under the age of 18) incapable of giving consent then information collected by a person who is responsible for you as defined by the Act
- Secure. All client health information is secure at all times and uses two-factor authentication to access
- Access to client health information is limited to your treating practitioner(s) and only health information relevant to a practitioner’s discipline is shared. For example, information shared with one practitioner may only be shared with another practitioner with a) your consent, AND b) the information is relevant and will assist the other practitioner’s treatment of you.
- You are entitled to request access to information we have about you on file. The Act requires that you do so in writing stating your name, address, and what type of information you seek. Please provide five working days notice, as we need to organise a time for your practitioner to be with you to explain or answer any questions. (Please note: under the Act there are premises by which a client request for access may be refused. If we do so, we will notify you in writing stating the legal restriction.)
- Disclosure of your health information to people or organisations outside of The Source of Wellness are limited to requests by:
* Law enforcement agencies should you be reported as missing or the law enforcement agency has reasonable belief that an offence has been or may be committed by you
* Serious imminent threat to your life, health, or safety, or that of another person
* With your consent
* For purposes of further health treatment eg. a referral to another health professional
Information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional / trade association membership, sexual preference or activity, or criminal record made known to The Source of Wellness or its representatives is only noted as far as it reasonably relates to treatment of you or the provision of services for you.
As per our Code of Ethics, we operate a non-discriminatory clinic, though we will take steps to protect our staff and representatives, other clients, and property should there be a risk of harm to such.
Health information about you that is sensitive will be used and disclosed only for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you agree otherwise, or the use of disclosure of sensitive information is required by law.
Should you wish to not receive or restrict the types of communication from The Source of Wellness, then you can at any time do so clicking an Unsubscribe link in emails, or request such via SMS, email, or letter.
Data collected from website usage
When visitors leave comments on any public website, including our own, or social media sites, the system automatically collects the data shown in the comments form, your IP address, and browser user agent string, to help spam detection.
This is only with regards to making comments on the site in a public forum (currently not in use on The Source of Wellness website).
If you upload images to our website or social media channels, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included, for your own internet security. Please note visitors to any website on the internet can download and extract location data contained in images that you upload on any website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The Source of Wellness is not in control of other sites.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your date with any one, ever. Your health information is secure. Your contact details are secure. The only sharing is as required by law, or in the case of public comments on our site then automated system checks of internet user information to prevent spam of our site.
How long your internet data is retained
If you leave a comment on the site, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your rights over your internet data
If you have an account on this site (currently not available on The Source of Wellness), different to a client health record, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the internet data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any internet data, separate to client health information, we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Website visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
How we protect your data
Your contact information is secure. Never sell it. Never buy it. The Source of Wellness Code of Ethics means we respect you, and the information you provide. Contact information is recorded for health record-keeping purposes, health fund rebate requirements, appointment reminders, communications from The Source of Wellness to which you can unsubscribe from, or resubscribe to, at any time.
What third parties we receive data from
Other Health Professionals at your request.