Osteopathic Craniosacral Therapy
Women's Wellbeing Circle
Women’s Wellbeing Circle is a warm and welcoming group for women to unplug from the demands of life, by setting aside space once a month to recharge, relax and discuss with other like-hearted women interested in Wellbeing and living their best life. Read more
When To Speak To A Counsellor?
It is recommended to see a Counsellor when an event causes you distress or interferes with parts of your life such as:
- The issue takes up at least 1 hour of your thoughts and feelings daily.
- You try to avoid others as you feel embarrassed or shame or not yourself.
- Your quality of life has decreased.
- Your home life, school or work performance, or your relationships have been affected.
- You’ve made unhealthy changes in life to cope (withdrawing from friends, drinking more alcohol etc.).
If you feel overwhelmed, stressed, lost, or isolated because of an event or problem Counsellors are able to help.
How do Counsellors help?
Counsellors help you understand why you feel the way you do. Counsellors also teach you healthy coping strategies for when unwanted feelings pop up.
Working with a Counsellor helps you resolve old patterns and gives you skills to understand and regulate your emotions, thoughts, and your reactions in certain situations and with others.
This includes if you have a mental health condition such as:
- Trauma (recent or from distant past)
- Addictive behaviours
- Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia etc.
What does A counsellor Do?
Counsellors use evidence-based Counselling treatments to help you process unresolved feelings and unanswered questions caused by experiencing a difficult time or situation in life. Examples of therapies that we use are:
- Treatment for Anxiety
- Treatment for Depression
- Trauma Support
- Schema Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Relaxation Training
- Stress Management
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Positive Psychology
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Highly recommend. The services provided by Ally are top tier! Well worth investing in wellness and wellbeing. Rox, Shenton Park
Highly recommend Ally at The Source of Wellness. She is a highly skilled and qualified Counsellor and Life Coach and Craniosacral Therapist. I have attended a variety of sessions with her both individually and in a group setting. I throughly enjoy my sessions with her. We always have a laugh and I leave feeling lighter both emotionally and physically. Shan, Thornlie
Women’s Wellbeing Circle is great. Very welcoming environment. I feel very relaxed and less burdened afterwards. Highly recommend! Erin, Riverton
Ally is incredible. Not only has she drastically helped with how I was feeling and my pain but she is overall a wonderful lady and very knowledgable and passionate about her work. Thanks Ally! Niamh, Leeming
Wow! Ally was amazing. I instantly felt in great hands with this knowledgeable therapist. When Ally was working I felt like my head was supported in her hands and my body was floating in space. She also picked up on long held trauma and gave me great tips on how to best release it. I highly recommend a session if you are in any kind of pain. I will definitely make this a regular part of my health & well-being. Thanks Ally! Karyn, Kingsley
Ally has been looking after the kids for over 12 months now and she has become part of the family as she is working with the kids on their level which means they are responding to her work. Thanks so much Ally you have been such a gift and we are truly blessed to have found you. Josh, Dalyellup
When To Work With A Life Coach?
When you want to achieve a Goal or make a change in life that is important to you. And you have tried to achieve this goal on your own, but need help.
This is a great time to work with a Life Coach to turn your Goal into a Success.
Life Coaches are trained professionals and much more than a kind voice (though we are that too!). Life Coaches are registered with the International Coaching Federation and have studied to become a registered Life Coach.
How Does A Life Coach Help?
A Life Coach will work with you to define what is the obstacle(s) to you achieving your Goal, such as:
- Ensures your Goal is well-defined and expressed succinctly.
- Helps you Plan a Goal Pathway which works with your schedule.
- Supports you along your Goal Pathway and helps you through any Impostor Syndrome self-doubts.
- Is your Accountability Buddy which helps you get more done when someone else is part of your process.
- Challenges your negativity when you feel it is “all too hard”.
- Be an external source to reflect back your ideas so that you can ‘hear’ yourself and make appropriate adjustments to your plan.
- Shares in your joy when you achieve your Goal.
What are Common Life Coach Goals?
Goals are individual and cover any aspect of life and wellbeing, such as:
- Changing jobs, writing applications, dealing with rejections, interview preparation, staying focussed!
- Re-entering the workforce after travel or starting a family.
- Health & Fitness Goals.
- Being more confident in work meetings, or with your in-laws, with a bossy best friend (as some examples).
- Take charge of your life direction, no more waiting!
- Write a book, learn music, or public speaking.
- Follow-through with a seachange or treechange in life.
- Study better and get the grades you need.
- Change how you behave in particular relationships for visibility.
- Boundary setting, how and when to set good boundaries.
- Achieve work-life balance.
- Life-stage transitions such as single to married, employee to retiree.
A Life Coach is a professional who supports you, and is available to talk about procrastination, obstacles and solutions to help you achieve your Goal, so you enjoy the feeling of Success.
Your Choice Mind or body
You can focus on mental health, emotion wellbeing or physical health. At The Source of Wellness it is nice that you have the choice to do Mind, or Body, or Mind+Body. It’s completely your choice.
Ally at The Source of Wellness has more than 23 years experience as a Counsellor. She is also a certified Life Coach. Plus she has decades of experience as a Craniosacral Therapist (Osteopathic treatment) being both a USA and Australia Certified Practitioner who successfully treats physical pain conditions, such as IBS, fibromyalgia, migraines, tinnitus and more. Ally also teaches Psychology at both The University of Western Australia and Murdoch University .
Osteopathic Treatment for Physical Pain
Working Together In Partnership
Couples Counselling is also known as Couples Relationship Coaching or Marriage Counselling.
We use the term Couples Relationship Coaching to de-stigmatise the process so that both partners are on an equal footing and focussed on work to achieve a relationship reset and re-inspire your relationship.
Your journey starts with a review of your relationship to this point, and what you would like individually and as a couple to work on.
Find a deeper connection to resolve divisive issues
Couples Relationship Coaching provides a space that allows you both to speak and be heard.
In long-term relationships you can miss changes in your partner, in how they now think and feel about situations which you thought you knew.
There is a focus on communication and other key relationship domains, which you can individualise for your relationship, such as:
- Repair and rebuild post infidelity
- Establish fresh communication between you
- Share financial responsibilities
- Co-parenting arrangements while together and if separated
- Social needs together and individually
- Extended family and care of ailing parents
- Changing needs self, family, and children
- Work schedules or preparing for retirement
- Moving house, or travel goals
Sessions will help you explore topics and ideas so you can:
- Negotiate to meet your relational needs without negating the needs of your partner
- Resolve differences without giving in or giving up, and
- How to take the negative emotions out of the subtext of your relationship.
- Improve your connection with self and with each other.
Consults are in-clinic or online with both partners able to log in separately which helps when partners travel for work.
Wellness Coaching is Life Coaching with the specific focus on Health & Wellbeing Goals. Wellness Coaching helps you prioritise those plans you’ve made many times, but not achieved as life competes with your individual needs.
Craniosacral Therapy (Osteopathy)
Tight clenched jaws, teeth grinding, subluxating jaws which click in and out of the joint. This treatment series releases the excessive tension in muscles which attach the lower jaw to your skull, facial muscle tensions, cranial bone compressions, jammed Atlanto-Occipital (AO) joint, and tight compressed cervical spine (neck) to create normal range of movement in your Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ).
Creating relaxed functioning of upper body, head and neck structures is essential for full resolution of your jaw problem. Jaw Unwinding includes techniques to release both internal and external contracted jaw muscles, as well as affected and contributing external body structures are treated.
Treatment will provide you a new feeling of relaxation in and around your jaw.
Your homework between sessions is to notice when your jaw tightens and what is happening around you or inside you (your thoughts or feelings) at the time and reverse the automatic habit to clench. This simple exercise will lessen how much treatment you will need to achieve a jaw that functions with ease and without tension.