Homeopathy treats individuals, not just diseases or symptoms.
For example, in conventional medicine all colds are treated with the same drug, but colds are as individual as you are.
The person with a slow onset cold with aches, loss of appetite, chills, and a desire to be left alone will need a different remedy than the person whose cold comes on quickly, suffers intense sneezing, a burning runny nose, a desire for hot drinks, and not to be left alone.
Both are colds, but are expressed differently & receive different homeopathic treatment.
Common medical practice uses the law of opposites. If you have high blood pressure a doctor prescribes a drug to artificially lower your blood pressure. Whatever your symptom, doctors prescribe a drug to create the opposite of your symptom.
Homeopathy is based on the law of similars or Like Treats Like. For example, instead of trying to stop the mucus production causing the runny nose, your homeopath will use a medicine which stimulates mucus production and as such effectively cancels the message to the body clearing the runny nose!
Sound logical, because it is! The law of similars was first described by ancient Greek philosophers, Hippocrates and Paracelsus, and practiced by many cultures, such as the Mayans, Chinese, Greeks, Native American Indians, and Asian Indians.
But it was German doctor, Dr Samuel Hahnemann (1755-1843), who codified the law of similars into the systematic medical science, called Homeopathy.
Dr Hahnemann began his first homeopathic experiments in 1790. The results he achieved with Homeopathy were far superior than conventional medicine which led to the first Homeopathic Hospital in Europe in 1832.
Even today in Europe, Homeopaths are still part of the western medical system practicing alongside pharmacists in chemists. Homeopathy is particularly popular in France, England, Germany, Greece, India, Pakistan, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and South Africa.
If the wrong medicine is given to a person, nothing happens - unlike conventional medicine. If the correct medicine is given, the medicine acts as a catalyst to the person's defenses.
Homeopathic medicine works with the body, much like bodywork treatment. Often you feel instantly better, or you may have a temporary state of transitory pain as your body moves from a state of lesser health to good health before your symptoms disappear altogether.
Your homeopath will discuss with you what to expect from treatment and is available to discuss any response to treatment you are unsure about.
Please note any changes in your daily experience as it is an important part of your treatment to discuss with your Homeopath at your next appointment.
Homeopathic medicines have been shown to work with infants and animals (including dogs, cats, horses and even cows - if you had one).
- No side effects
- Safe for the ill, infants, elderly
- Treats you wholistically, not just as a physical symptom but how you feel in totality
- You may be treated by both your homeopath and your doctor ? please inform both practitioners of the medicines you are prescribed by each practitioner
- Homeopathic medicines are made from a variety of sources, such as plants, animals and minerals
- All medicines are prepared according to strict guidelines set out in international pharmacopoeias and, in Australia, are under the control of the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- Treats a wide range of conditions and diseases. To name a few such as: allergies, eczema, headaches & migraines, depression, respiratory infections, stress and more