Acupuncture is one of the healing modalities of Traditional Chinese Medicine and is the most well-known.
Acupuncture needles are sterile & fresh for each client. They are so fine. They are nothing like needles used to take blood & do NOT go very far into the skin - hence they are not felt unless you have a lot of stagnation along the meridian then you may feel a short sensation which passes quickly.
It is a healing science which has been developed over thousands of years. There are 14 major Meridians in the body according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Meridians are channels of energy movement in the body. If the flow of energy or 'qi' (sometimes written as 'chi') becomes blocked, stagnates or is depleted then the body as an overall ecosystem is out of balance.
When this happens then illness and disease result.
In Acupuncture, the flow of qi or energy is treated using needles (fresh for each client then disposed of according to Health Regulations) along different meridians into very specific areas called Acupuncture Points.
The Acupuncture Points chosen vary from client to client depending upon your complaint, your progress with treatment, and change in symptoms.
The Acupuncture Point is stimulated by the needle which changes the flow of qi or energy along the meridians, which is why sometimes you may notice sensations in the body far from where the needles are working. Because all of You is connected!
Having Acupuncture is a relaxing experience!
There are more than 400 acupuncture points charted in the body. They relate to all the physiological functions of your body, your organs, your nerves, your bones, and your muscles.
Acupuncture treatment not only looks at the symptoms you have but also treats the causes of such - linking body, mind, & emotions for overall improvement in your health & wellbeing.
Treatment has a cumulative effect. You should experience a noticeable improvement after 1 or 2 sessions. With the recommended number of treatments for your particular condition and health goals to be discussed by your Practitioner at your first appointment.
- Our premises & Acupuncturists are approved for hygiene, disposal practices, & standard of equipment by the Town of Victoria Park
- Fertility, Preconception and supporting IVF Treatment Cycles
- Digestive Imbalances
- Muscle aches & pains, sciatica, arthritis
- Headaches & Migraines
- Suppress Appetite as part of a Food & Exercise Weight Loss Plan
- Quit Smoking - decrease cravings, treat symptoms of withdrawal and help you to dislike taste of cigarettes
- Insomnia, Poor Sleep Pattern
- Depression, Anxiety, Stress
- Respiratory Disorders
- Women's Health Issues (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Menstrual imbalances, Menopausal Symptoms)
- Hair loss