Qi Gong 100 day challenge!
Posted on 01/03/2017 by The Source of Wellness
Join us for our 100 day Arm Swinging challenge, come to a Qi Gong class and also do at home.
Done daily for 5 minutes this Qi Gong exercise will increase your Qi ("life energy"), blood circulation, and drive illness out of your body.
Arm Swinging (in Chinese: Ping Shuaishou or Ping Shuai Gong 平甩手) is a very simple way to open up the meridians in the body (lines of energy).
- Stand with feet hip width apart, shoulders relaxed, eyes forward
- Do this exercise with a loose feeling throughout your muscles, no tension held anywhere
- Breathe in and out your nose, and place your tongue on the roof of your mouth behind your top teeth
- Open eyes and wear a smile on your face
- Swing both arms up to shoulder height (or as far as comfortable) and then let them swing back behind your body (or as far as comfortable) - that is 1 swing
- Continue to swing arms forward and back until you reach 100 swings - should take 5 minutes.
- On every 5th swing slightly bend your knees on the downward swing of arms behind you and allow your body to slightly curl with the motion (this helps you to keep count and relaxes muscles in your thorax)
- Do this exercise everyday for 100 days and notice the difference in how you feel
- Can be done anywhere at work, home, at a park
- Tingling, buzzing, heat, cold, jerky movements in the arms to fingers is normal and a sign of opening up the meridians that begin and end in the hands - so well done!
At the end of your 100 swings per day. Stand still, with hands loose by your sides. Breathe in and out through your nose and receive the energy you have generated into your body to heal. Slowly open eyes and go about your day with calm and wellbeing.
See you in Qi Gong class Tuesdays 6pm and Fridays 915am.